Tuesday, December 18, 2012

AFRICA

Image via Google
It has been way too long since I have posted...I have had several people asking me to update this over the past few weeks and since I am on Christmas break I actually have the time and motivation to update=] 
Bare with me. 
I forget how to navigate this blog and I pray that it is not difficult for you navigate my page!

Phew...there is so much to catch up on...but I want to start with explaining the map I posted above. 
In less than two weeks I am traveling to Ethiopia, Africa with two of my best friends...
We are staying with the Benkert family who founded the organization Bring Love In (http://bringlove.in/)...
I have cabin fever big time and I can't tell you how excited I am to explore this part of the world..
I love learning about different cultures and loving on people from all over the world...it is a passion of mine. 

This inspires me daily.

With all of the excitement of my Africa trip on my mind, I keep forgetting that Christmas is right around the corner. 
I struggle with this time of the year a lot...
Let me vent for a minute...
I HATE how society has skewed our view of this holiday. 
Now, I absolutely LOVE giving gifts, in fact it is something I do all year round because there are so many things that remind me of people in my life then I can't resist getting them those gifts but I hate that this time of the year brings a whole different pressure of gift giving.
I challenge you to think about what your motives are behind your gift giving this season and really think about what the meaning of Christmas is and what it means to you.
 End of vent session =]

I want to thank everyone who has supported me thus far in regards to my Africa trip...I have been so blessed with support and prayers...it is amazing...
I am not sure if I will be able to post while I am on my trip but I will figure that out later...
Now time to get back to planning my trip. I will update more later
xo

1 comment:

  1. what an amazing opportunity for you! I am sure you will be a blessing to so many.
    floralandfudge

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by my page...