Sunday, October 16, 2011

Only 2 months left....


 Ciao!
Today marks the halfway point of this semester abroad...only 60 more days left! =[ This trip has been pretty amazing so far and I have learned and seen so much it's crazy to think that 2 months have already gone by...
I can't think about leaving yet and it's good that I don't because there is so much going on in these last two months that I CAN wait to go home right now! Fall has officially hit Florence however right this second it feels like a frigid winter in Kent while I sit in my apartment!...The heat doesn't kick in until November here and sometimes it is colder inside then out. I think it is just a cold front that we have had the last few days...(I hope) My last post was all about the beach and now I can no longer wear shorts and summer dresses =/ No complaints though (unless my toes, hands, and nose fall off! =])..everyday is so beautiful....
Today, Brit & mo switched rooms with Jen & I in our apartment. Mo & Brit's bedroom is bigger & attached to our balcony while Jen & I had the smaller room with the larger bathroom. So to be even we decided that half way through the semester we would switch rooms that way we get the best of both. So far I am loving this room and all of the space in it. The view from my window isn't that bad either....
I feel like I have done a good job so far on this trip to live in the moment and really soak in life here...one of my many goals while I'm living in Italy is to take advantage of everyday. To stay content in the moment not worrying about the future and getting my mind off of what comes next. That was hard to do some days but i'm starting to get the hang of it. Now that I have moved rooms and am getting comfortable with life here I want to explore more of the city of Florence. I've taken random walks when I start to get stressed or miss home....it is nice to get a reminder of how awesome it is to be here and it's fun to find new places and things to see.
Studying on the balcony this afternoon...

I have done a lot since the last post about Amalfi...
Went to Paris (and fell in love. with the city of course), Como & Milan, and yesterday I saw some of the Tuscan countryside as we visited San Gimignano!.... Gone on some sweet site visits (museum, factory, store tours & etc...) for school.... Almost got hit by a car, twice... Added a new fave mexican restaurant (no judging, I miss mexican food okay) to the list of weekly stops as well as a gelato shop located on our street that has the best and cheapest gelato...... Relocated our Nutella collection because we ran out of shelf space......... Met another DJ who invited me to DJ with him, so I do, so fun.....Done some homework and projects....... Learned more about Italy in general, as well as Italy in the past, Italian fashion, Italian designers, and much more.... Chopped my bangs again.... And the list goes on...

I'll have to update with more about those trips and everything else later this week. This weekend I think I'm going to Venice then next Tuesday I leave for London! So I'll be sure to update before then that way family will stop emailing me to update hehe...I miss you all a lot and wish you where here. <3
Paris-Louvre
New Haircut
Milan-Duomo
San Gimignano-Tuscany
 Romans 8:31

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by my page...